Rota planning software
Another term for rostering software (also known as staff scheduling software), rota planning software is an application built to make planning and managing staff rotas quick and easy.
Rota planning software works by automating many of the difficult, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks involved in creating a staff rota, allowing managers to quickly:
- Schedule shifts
- Copy and paste common shift patterns
- Send the work schedule to their team
- Manage annual leave
- Record staff lateness and absence
- Securely store important employee documents
- Generate cost, labour, and attendance reports
The best rota planning software is cloud-based, meaning that it can be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection and from a variety of different devices without the need to download or install the software itself.
There are a number of benefits to this:
- Single source of truth. With a cloud-based rota, the rota your staff see is always the most up-to-date version, which vastly reduces the chances that they’ll arrive late for work or miss one of their shifts.
- Accessible anytime, anywhere. With cloud-based rota planning software, managers can access and update the schedule anytime they like via a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
- Fully integrated. Rota planning software combines not only the rota, but staff timesheets, and attendance and annual leave records, removing the need for repetitive data entry. It also integrates with specialist accounting software, further streamlining operations as your business.
More advanced rota planning software like RotaCloud also includes budgeting tools, time and attendance (also known as clocking in) features, and HR tools, making it ideal for businesses looking to streamline their processes without spending large sums of money on multiple pieces of software.