Another term for
rota planning software
(AKA staff scheduling software), rostering software is a type of
application built to make planning and managing work rotas quick
Rostering software works by automating many of the difficult, repetitive, and mundane tasks involved in creating a staff rota, allowing managers to quickly:
- Schedule shifts
- Copy and paste shift patterns
- Send the schedule to their teams
- Manage and record annual leave
- Log staff lateness and absence
- Store important employee documents
- Generate cost, labour, and attendance reports
The benefits of using rostering software
The best rostering software is cloud-based, meaning that it can
be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, and from
a variety of different devices, without the need to download or
install large programs.
There are a number of benefits to this:
- One source of truth. With a cloud-based rota, there are no duplicate rotas or contradictory “old” versions in circulation, which can lead to lateness or missed shifts.
- Make updates anytime, anywhere. There’s no need to wait until you’re back in the office to make an update to the schedule — access the rota from virtually any desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
- Synchronised. Things like staff holidays, timesheets, attendance records, and rotas are all accessible, and feed information into one another, removing the need for repetitive data entry.
More advanced rostering software like RotaCloud also includes time and attendance (AKA clocking in) features and a number of HR tools, making it ideal for businesses looking to streamline their processes as well as save time and money.