Employee scheduling software
Also referred to as “staff scheduling software” or “workplace scheduling software”, employee scheduling software is software designed to help managers and business owners create work rotas quickly and easily by automating repetitive administrative tasks and processes.
Employee scheduling software also helps to improve communication between staff and managers by making published rotas accessible via mobile and desktop web browsers, or via a dedicated mobile app.
The best employee scheduling software includes tools and features like:
- Drag-and-drop rota planning. Build rotas quickly and easily, without the need for Excel-style formulas or calculations.
- Annual leave management. Approve or reject holiday requests within the app itself, with remaining leave allowances updating automatically.
- Labour cost & budgeting tools. Real-time staffing cost calculations appear on the rota as managers add and delete shifts.
- Employee timesheets. Clock-in and out times are automatically recorded and stored securely online.
- Shift notifications for staff. Automatic updates for things like shift changes and when the new rota is published.
More advanced employee scheduling software works hand-in-hand with Time & Attendance software, as well as incorporating a variety of time-saving HR tools.